BILL JACKSON – October 15, 1927- September 6, 2017
Bill became involved with the Community Kitchen in 1992 and joined the Board in 1993, becoming Board Chair that year. Bill was instrumental in the Building Campaign Project to purchase our building on Mechanic Street and it was his ultimate goal that the building be purchased outright. Therefore, there was and is, no mortgage on the building.
When Bill was no longer serving on the Board he was appointed Honorary-Member-Advisor. His presence and expertise were called upon by current term Board Chairs.
The Community Kitchen Board and staff strive to carry on Bill’s mission and continue the work that was so important to him.